Here are the steps on how to use USC DURAGLAS 24030 Short Strand Fiberglass:
- Prepare the surface. The surface must be clean, dry, and free of rust or loose paint. If necessary, sand the surface with 120-grit sandpaper.
- Mix the filler and hardener. Use a 50:1 ratio of filler to hardener. Mix thoroughly until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Apply the filler to the surface. Use a putty knife or trowel to apply the filler to the surface. Build up the filler to the desired contour.
- Allow the filler to cure. The filler will cure in about 15 minutes. Once the filler is cured, you can sand it smooth and paint it.
Here are some tips for using USC DURAGLAS 24030 Short Strand Fiberglass:
- Use a respirator when working with the filler and hardener.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Work in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not apply the filler to surfaces that are too hot or too cold.
- Do not apply the filler to surfaces that are damp or wet.
- Allow the filler to cure completely before sanding it or painting it.